Advent Sermon Series: The Nativity
Every Christmas, images of Jesus resting in a manger can be seen everywhere and songs about shepherds and angels fill the air. Even people who are not professing Christians think they are familiar with the story of the Nativity (from the word ‘natal” which means birth, from which we get the word native)
Yet despite the abundance of these Christian references in popular culture, how many of us have diligently examined the fulness of this biblical story?
The Nativity will take us on an illuminating journey into the account of the birth of Jesus The Christ and help us to have a meaningful understanding of the message of hope and salvation through the eyes of Mary, Joseph, the Shepherds and the Wise Men.
- Advent Week 1 – December 1 – “The Nativity: Prologue ” (Isaiah 9: 6-7)
- Advent Week 2 – December 8 – ” The Nativity: The Faith of Mary” (Luke 1:26-38)
- Advent Week 3 – December 15 – ” The Nativity: The Courage of Joseph” (Matthew 1: 18-25)
- Advent Week 4 – December 22 – ” The Nativity: The Obedience of the Shepherds” (Luke 2: 8–20)
- Advent Week 5 – December 29 – ” The Nativity: The Worship of the Wise Men” (Matthew 2:1-12)